Pages

Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11- It's the 5th Anniversary of "9/11" and a day that will be etched in my mind forever. I remember exactly where I was, as I am sure most sentient, civilized people in this world will recall. I was out of town rehearsing a show and woke up at about 9:15 a.m., switched on the TV in my motel room and was an unwilling witness to what hatred and evil are capable of. I watched in horror and, initially, disbelief. My mind was still a little foggy, having just awakened, and I wasn't sure what I was watching. In college, I remember reading about Orson Welles' "The War of the World" radio broadcast that occurred on October 30th, 1938 where people actually thought the radio broadcast was real and that the world was being invaded by Martians. It created much panic and for a moment I wondered if perhaps I was watching some similar simulation. But as my mind cleared I realized that this wasn't some kind of theatrical manipulation but something that had just occurred and I began to cry. I picked up the phone and called anyone I could think of to share my feelings: my parents, a few of my fellow actors. All I knew was that I did not want to be alone with my thoughts.

We still held rehearsal later that day, but at one point in the evening we gathered some candles we had brought with us and went outside and held vigil, for a few minutes, and prayed together.

Here we are 5 years later and the 'hatred' responsible for such an horrific act continues to poison the fabric of western civilization. As politically incorrect as this sounds, Western Civilization is in a war against Islamic Fascism. The lines have been drawn and burying our heads in the proverbial sand is not going to change that fact, as the liberals seem to think.

GOD Bless the troops, our country and this poor, messed up world.

(If you want to read more about Orson Welles "The War of the World" click on the following URL: http://www.transparencynow.com/welles.htm )

No comments: