Pages

Friday, February 09, 2007

Willard Wigan- artist extraordinaire

Just found out about this amazing self-taught British artist/sculptor who creates miniature works of art on anything from a pin head to a grain of sand. Some of his work, apparently, is not even visible to the naked eye. He is truly inspired from above. I can't even begin to imagine how he does it.

Information about Willard Wigan and more pictures of his incredible sculptures can be found on his website. Take time to read his bio.

The Statue of Liberty in the eye of a needle. Is this not truly amazing?


3 comments:

Bert Bananas said...

Finding a challenge and meeting that challenge. Let's hear it for being human!

MUD said...

Darn, just as my eyesight is failing I find something really little to look at. OH well, I guess I'll just have to keep my rose colored glasses on and look at the pretty world. MUD

Incognito said...

Yes, people can do amazing things when inspired, Bert.
And MUD, worth taking out those reading glasses or magnifying thingy. The man's work is truly amazing.