Pages

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Gotcha! Clinton Gets The Women's Sympathy Vote In N.H.



I actually was starting to feel a little sorry for Ms. Hillary, well... not really, but I know it must have been devastating to have lost the Iowa caucuses, considering she probably thought she had it in the bag. I know how it feels to not get cast in a project when the director all but offers you the part- egos bruise easily, and although people have been critical of her tearful confession on a recent interview, I wouldn't go so far as so to say it was contrived. Her recent emotional display was probably a combination of said bruised ego and exhaustion. Factor in peri-menopause or menopause, and you have hormones running rampant, and not much control.

But, I do think that her show of emotion probably did garner her the women's vote in New Hampshire. You know, a sign of female solidarity. I mean, poor Hillary, ganged up on and bashed by her fellow male candidates at most of the debates, then losing Iowa. I'm sure those of the "female persuasion" more than likely felt they were standing up for sisterhood, by giving her the vote. Not the smartest thing to do, but women aren't always ruled by intellect.

Well, I 'aint going for it. This is one sister who won't vote for Clinton if she does eventually win the Democratic nomination and Ron Paul or Mike Huckabee wins the Republican nomination. I would have to sit this one out.

But just wait, this win will put renewed vigor into her campaign... watch the claws come out full force. She's going to try and crush Obama for his Iowa win.

Photo Credit: AP

13 comments:

Karen Townsend said...

As you know, I completely agree with you. The women voting for her after her little scene in the restaurant are a disgrace to womanhood.

I also agree with you on the Republican side. I should have singled out Huckster in my post, too. I keep hoping if I ignore him, he will go away.

Pat Jenkins said...

i could not agree with you more incog. you proved you are right with your own "concern" over her woman issues. (i tried to say that as non chauvinistic as possible) we also have to remember we are electing a person to run the country though. who should have a vision and purpose. to be sympathetic, and then cast a vote based upon a gender or race is a slippery slope to be on. this is a hint of what i have to say in my post!!

MUD said...

Between a Rock and a Hard Place? I would vote for any Republican before I would vote for Hillary. The Clinton's are a couple made for each other. If she can't tell when he is telling a lie how the hell can we trust her to make good tough decisions as the President. There are things she has been involved with that still smell. Start with White Water & the Rose Law Firm and go down from there.

WomanHonorThyself said...

not my sympathy Incog!

Frank Partisan said...

The crying was suspect, due to her saying a John Edwards slogan while in tears.

Missy said...

Hey Incog! I would have to agree with Mud. If she couldn't tell when Bill was telling the truth or lying - how is she going to be able to differentiate when there's more on the line?! Didn't persuade me just because she cried. I would probably call them crocodile tears anyway! :)

Righty64 said...

Where is Rudy? If Sen. "F--- You" McCain can pull this off, the GOP is in trouble. Although I am a Romney guy, and I do not think he should drop out now, Rudy needs to get more engaged before the DDBMSM props up McCain even more. BTW, Obama will still win the Dem nod. I just shudder as to us putting up the latest Bob Dole in McCain.

Melanie said...

No sympathy here! There is going to be plenty of pressure as President and if she cannot handle this little stuff..then she has no business as President. I do hope that I can vote for someone that I believe in!!

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping Hillary gets the democrat nod. I really do. More beatable in the general.

Chris McClure aka Panhandle Poet said...

This is shaping up to be a "no-win" election for the American people. Sad.

Stylin said...

Hi Incog,
Tell me the truth...if you were not Republican would tears make you change your mind!!!
I know you would have answered no!!!
HC is absolutely giving into feminine wiles and sadly it works !!!

Ottavio (Otto) Marasco said...

Not much sympathy here Incog...the woman who cracked the question that bought on the tears voted for Obama..The race is getting interesting from my vantage point. Regardless of who wins the GOP never ever, underestimate a Clinton...

lizze said...

That was fake tears!!

And even if it was real ... if she cracks under this pressure, in the White House the pressure won't be less ... that is given.

I don't like that she did it, I don't like the women voted for her cos she cried.

Bad rep on whole for all of us.